- Are you bored with science and/or math?
- Is there a new concept that is tanking your grades?
- Looking for a knowledgeable, skilled, entertaining tutor?
I’m confident that I can teach you physics, math, biology, & chemistry! :D
I minored in physics while getting a bachelors degree in biochemistry, so I’ve got a solid theoretical knowledge of all the major science topics. More importantly, I worked as an Oncology Research Associate for five years! Here are some impressive accomplishments from my science career:
- I’m an author on this article on stopping cancer in The Scientist Magazine.
- I co-authored this international patent application on a high-throughput cancer test.
- I star in this $70K crowdfunding campaign for cancer research.
Finally, I know how to fill a whiteboard with fancy science-y stuff.
^ But, you won’t need to worry about things getting that complicated or boring … because:
I Make Science Fun!
Did you know that it’s possible to make edible glow-in-the-dark drinks?!?
I’m a huge comedy nerd, so you know I had to get a rubber chicken for my workstation!
^ Fans of the show Breaking Bad will catch the Heisenberg reference from the upper-left ;)
Here’s me posing like a secret agent with an electronic pipette (it measures volumes accurately).
I charge at a baseline rate of $30/hour. Rates are dependent upon:
- The topic that you need help with
- I have nearly 10 years of biology experience, so I am extremely confident with that material. However, I only minored in physics … so I won’t be as graceful there.
- The location that you need
- I typically tutor at the Los Gatos library, but we could meet somewhere else.
- The level of support that you need
- Where are you at with baseline understanding? Do I need to prepare specialized lessons for you? Do you need help designing extra credit projects?
Message me at: